- Admissions Criteria
- Applications Process
At The Crown Nursery we can care for up to 45 children in total. Children aged 3 months to 2 years begin their journey with us in our baby/toddler room. They will then move to our little people’s room, which accommodates children between 2-5 years.
The numbers and ages of children admitted to the nursery comply with the legal space requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage Statutory Framework 2021.
We take the following matters into account when prioritising and deciding on admissions:
- Availability of places, taking into account the staff: child ratios, the age of the child and any registration requirements
- Children who have siblings who are already learning with us
- Position on the waiting list. Children are given places in order of when their application was received
- A child requiring a full-time place may have preference over one requiring a part-time place
- Circumstances affecting the child's welfare or the welfare of his/her family will also be considered.
We operate an inclusion and equality policy and ensure that all children have access to nursery places and services irrespective of their gender, race, disability, religion or belief or sexual orientation of parents.
In order to apply to The Crown Nursery parents must complete a registration form. These forms provide the nursery with essential personal details relating to the child. It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to ensure these details and correct and are kept up to date.
You will need to provide;
- Child’s full name, date of birth, including photo ID (birth certificate/passport)
- Name and address of every parent/carer who is known to us, including proof of address (utility bill, council tax bill)
- Name and address of anyone else who has parental responsibility, including proof of address
- Emergency contact details for parent/carer
- Number of siblings, place in the family
- Medical information – including doctor’s contact details (this needs to be kept up to date)
- Health visitor contact details
- Written permission required if administering medicine and written record kept
- Allergies, dietary requirements, food preferences
- Written permission for photos
- Written permission to provide sun cream, nappy cream, non-prescription medication
- Information on vaccinations
Parents/carers are also required to sign The Crown Nursery Contract.